Thursday, June 02, 2005


This is my dog, Alabama. We once would run through open fields with frisbees, enjoying clear blue skies together. She would run until her legs trembled, and then find some shade to take a short rest. Her heart and love for me had no limits. Today she is no longer able to run with me. She's blind and old and has diabetes - but her tail is still strong and thumps on the wall when I come and visit (she still lives at my parent's). I have no doubt that she is one of the reasons I have grown into the man I am. She taught me patience, devotion, how to love without reservation, and how to overlook some of the bad things about people and focus on the positive. That's what she did with me, and I will never be the same. She continues to touch my life as I see her getting older and facing these days with courage. There will never be - ever - another Alabama.  Posted by Hello

No comments: