Wednesday, June 08, 2005


My family loves to cook. Whenever we have a family gathering, home-cooked food must be involved... and they aren't messing around, either. There's almost never any store-purchased, manufactured goods. The gravy, breading, sauces, and even salad dressing are all prepared fresh for the meal. It's a day-long process - with my sister and mother waking up early to cook. I always loved to eat the food... and only now, with a new house and a wife, do I realize what a special gift it is to be able cook something good for someone else. There's something truly wonderful about being able to cook for my wife, and a little part of me becomes uncontrollably giddy when she asks for seconds. Some couples have special songs - special places to go - and we do too... but we also have special meals we have shared, and certain foods will always link me to those moments with her.  Posted by Hello

No comments: