Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Old School

cr_night_film2003

This is old school. 2003 film-camera old school, taken downtown during a poetry reading my wife was a part of. I was just learning photography and how to push film beyond ISO 400 (if I remember right, I pushed it to 1600 for this roll).

Photography was so different. You had to learn the hard way - by waiting till the film was developed. I remember spending hours shooting and then developing my film, only to see that I had screwed up the temperature or something stupid, effectively wasting all that time. I remember the smell of the chemicals and washing my hands over-and-over again, knowing the smell would be there no matter what.

Yet... there was still something magical about it. When a photo turned out, it was truly an experience that mattered. There was a bit more "substance" to it - as you carried it around with you like a gift, showing it to those important to you.

Too often now all my photos stay hidden on my hard drive, or uploaded to some website. Although I would never go back to film, there is no denying the magical quality of the final print, after hours in the darkroom.

1 comment:

Noah Roland said...

Hello everyone! my name is Noah, I'm writing this article to appreciate the good work of DR AKHIGBE that helped me recently to bring back my wife that left me for another man for the past 6 months. After seeing a comment of a woman on the internet testifying of how she was helped by DR AKHIGBE I also decided to contact him for help because all i wanted was for me to get my wife, happiness and to make sure that my child grows up with his mother 'I love my wife' Am happy today that he helped me and i can proudly say that my wife is now with me again and she is now in love with me like never before. Are you in need of any help in your relationship like getting back your man, wife, boyfriend, girlfriend or love and family relationship, I want to marry. Viewers reading my post that need the help of DR AKHIGBE should contact him via Email: drrealakhigbe@gmail.com You  can also call or contact him via whatsapp +2349010754824.
He also treat diseases like HIV, HERPES, CANCER, ALS, CHRONIC DISEASE, HEART DISEASE, LUPUS, ASTHMA,  DIABETES, MAR-BURG VIRUS,  HEPATITIS A AND B.ECZEMA, BACK PAIN, EXTERNAL INFECTION ,ASTHMA, MALARIA, DENGUE FEVER, BACTERIA DIARRHEA, RABIES, OBESITY, INSOMNIA, PROGENITOR,  MENINGITIS, ARTHRITIS, EPILEPSY,STROKE, LYMPHEDEMA, GALLSTONE, DICK AND BREAST ENLARGEMENT, PULMONARY HYPERTENSION, PENIS  EJACULATION, ,   HPV, DICK ENLARGEMENT, IMPOTENCE, DENGUE, CORNELIA DISEASE, OSTEOPOROSIS, RHEUMATISM, THYROID, COLD & FLU,KIDNEY DISEASE,ACME. PROTOPLASMIC  ERYSIPELAS. etc Contact this great herbal Doctor today the father of herbal root cure. via Email: drrealakhigbe@gmail.com or whatsApp him  +2349010754824   and get cured permanently He is real..website:      https:drrealakhigbe.weebly.com