Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Confidence

First - read this:

http://poemfish.typepad.com/poemfish/2008/10/channeling-the-inner-rock-star.html


My wife is, absolutely, a rockstar. She's a natural artist in a way I could only dream of being. The post above was her first. HER FIRST try at off-camera lighting with two externally-fired lights.

Take a look around the internet for a minute, and search some photos for "off-camera lighting." Most don't look as good as my wife's, on her first attempt.

She often talks like I'm the guru - like I'm the guy who knows his stuff and can make a difference when we go off on a photoshoot. Yet what she always doesn't realize is that SHE is better than me. She's more talented than me. She can do everything I can, and better. She doesn't believe it, she probably would never admit it. But I admit it, and I'm proud to have her by my side at any photoshoot. She IS a rock-star, and I love her more than anything.

Casey - you are my inspiration in life, and I owe everything to you. Thank you for always being there and inspiring me to do better - and to always be "more" than I am right now (a reference to Batman Begins, of course).

_L9U0930

1 comment:

Melissa said...

You both rock! I love that photo - in her element!