Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Destination

















I am currently going through a VERY long process of organizing my photos. I have hundreds of photos, for instance, of graveyards throughout two different hard drives and dozens of folders. I'm going through, like one of those organized people I've heard about, and putting them all into one folder, entitled "graveyards." Brilliant! It's a long process, but I think it's worthwhile. I'm finding some old photos, this one taken three years ago. Three years ago! The photo, for me, symbolizes how long I've been doing this photo thing (not too long, really), and how far both Casey and I have come in that short time.

An amazing friend of ours, Melissa, asked us tonight how close we are to begins full time into CandJ Art and Photography. You know what? We're pretty close. Probably closer than either of really know.

Right now we are just settling down from over a month of hard work with the business - art shows, weddings, portraits -all that stuff. We're "living" the dream a little right now, and it feels great to spend time doing something worthwhile instead of watching TV or playing games all night.

We could do this. We are doing it... and it's exciting, spectacular, and lots of scary. I mean... we could both quit our jobs, actually do some marketing and stuff, and DO CandJ Art and Photography. We could make it work.

Of course, I'm not leaving my job as a high school teacher - I love it far too much... but possibility fills my life. It feels good, at 31, to have more options and an amazing future ahead of me - sharing an adventure with my wife that will definitely lead us to destinations we could never have imagined.

No comments: