Friday, June 30, 2006

Cemetaries

Cemetaries are fascinating for me. I keep going back with my camera, finding some of the most amazing examples of statues and architecture around. It's a great practice exercise with my camera - to set everyting on the camera to manual, focus and all, and to take my time with each and every shot, making sure my metering is excellent and my composition careful.

Weddings and other kinds of photography require such a rapid-fire response to the scene in front of you. I do think about exposure and composition at these events, but it's second-place to capturing the emotion of the day.

At my visits to cemetaries, the fields of Nebraska, parks, and other places I find in my photographic trips, it's nice to let the world unfold before me, and to capture one or two shots worth keeping.

No comments: