Friday, July 01, 2005

Barriers

SO... it's not a great photo. I realize that. There is no real depth to the photo - nothing to create a sense of distance. I don't care... What's amazing about being in such remote areas of Nebraska and South Dakota are boundless distances without fences, light posts, and power lines. There were times when I would stop the car and just spend a few minutes looking out into the distance, imagining myself walking slowly through the fields and spending time enjoying the simple beauty of the land. Of course, that didn't happen. I had to hurry to get home to my wife and kitties, and I was still somewhat frightened I'd get killed by a rattlesnake.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No, this is a great photo... so open, full of endless possibilities, a reminder of the vast path of choices that lay before us... you amaze me at how much you capture in a simple photo of what some believe to be nothing... when it's so full of everything...