Friday, July 22, 2005

Bad Picture - Good Guy


First off- I know this isn't a good picture. So why am I posting it? Simply because I just realized I don't really have any great pictures of someone as important as this guy is to me. His name is John, and he's one of the best guy's I've ever met. He will always be one of my best friends - someone who I love like family.

I'm hesitant to say who I would be today if it weren't for him. I was such a different person when I was younger - when I first met him at "The MART." I couldn't have expected at the time someone like him would come along and show me the path to who I am now. I was at a crossroads in my life: I liked partying far too much, would lash out at people without reserve, and had the most intense anger hidden inside me, some people were actually afraid of me... (remember Calhorn, John?). I can safely say that without him I wouldn't have the gifts I have today - a wife, a house (with two kitties in it!), and a future filled with possibility.

John was my supervisor, and he was always there for me. Even though I should have been fired dozens of times, John stood behind me, backed me up, and talked me through things. He saw the worst I had to offer - but he helped to bring out the best.

Maybe someday I'll be able to pay him back. I laugh with him at his bad luck (one of his great gifts is being able to laugh at the absolute worst life has put him through), but deep inside I wish there was something I could do for him. Who knows... maybe there is... and then I can take a better picture.

No comments: