Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Retro

A while ago my wife asked me if I heard of TTV photography. I had, but I didn't really know much about it - so I looked it up and thought it was cool. To surprise her, I bought her an old Brownie Reflex twin lens reflex camera off ebay, and then built a little contraption for the camera. It was WAY cooler than I thought it would be, and so I proceeded to get my own.

My wife and I went out with our cameras yesterday for the first time, and we were constantly amazed at how these weird contraptions could make the mundane seem surreal. It was VERY cool stuff. Here are some of mine:

retro-sign-ttv

this-way-ttv-arrow-sign

downtown-building-side-1

88-street-ttv

_IGP7422-copy

_IGP7424-copy

tire-against-red-brick

manequin-in-window

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I dig it. Especially photos 2,4,6 and 8. So what is TTV?