Saturday, June 07, 2008

Five years and counting...

IMGP9342

This is my 200th post. No big deal, really, except to say that it comes the day after my five year wedding anniversary.

To celebrate, my wife and I took to the countryside, visiting Brownville, NE - a small town at the edge of Nebraska - a town that hangs on despite the odds against it still being there. We visited art galleries, had a tour of the winery, and had some time to walk around and take some photos.

It was a blast, and we followed it up by visiting Lincoln's art district that night for First Friday. It was a surprise to meet some old friends and chat about their artistic adventures, and it was just fun to check out the galleries, hold hands, and smile all night.

Life is so strange and full of impossibilities. I'd have to say that I would never consider myself a photographer if it weren't for the belief and encouragement my wife has in me.

Through the 200 posts in this blog, you can see me grow, from a very rough beginner to a pretty damned good photographer. I owe everything to my wife, as she's the one who has been there for me every step, making me believe that I could be something more.

It's been five years of Marriage - 200 posts in this blog - and I can't wait to see what kind of photographer I'll be like in another five years and a few hundred more posts. Whatever changes happen, I'll owe it all to my wife.

Thanks, Casey, for five of the greatest years in my life.

No comments: