Saturday, October 06, 2007

Impossible

99 times out of 100, these shots would have been impossible. However, today, I had a little pocket point-and-shoot with me.



















You see - I'm not that photographer that "always has his camera with him." As a matter of fact - I almost never do.

But I had borrowed a new pocket digital from school that the new technology people ordered. I wanted to check it out and learn how to use it so I could show the students.

Guess what. I'm buying one. Immediately.



















Although my multi-thousand-dollar digital camera would blow this one out of the water in image quality (pixel-for-pixel), it doesn't matter how good the camera is - it's worthless when you see a shot and you don't have it with you. With the pocket digital, you can carry it wherever you go, and it doesn't weigh a ton (the two main complaints I have with carrying my 5D everywhere I go).



















I really will never laugh at someone with a little point-and-shoot. I won't consider them "amateurs."

Never again - because I just might be that guy.

No comments: