Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Chicago

Tonight is the first time I really missed my friend Zach. He moved to Chicago recently, and while I wished him the best and knew he'd be successful at whatever he wanted to do, I didn't really miss him. I mean - Chicago is only six hours or so away - that's not too bad, right?

But tonight, while I was grilling chicken and steak in our amazing weather we're having, I had an urge to pick up the phone and invite him over. I had to stop and realize he wouldn't be able to do that.
For the first time, I felt bummed out.

















Here he is, at the top photo in his first art show (he had the coolest stuff, although he didn't sell anything). In the middle he's posing with his amazing girfriend, Emily, and at the bottom is Zach, immortalized, in one of my favorite all-time photos during a trip across Nebraska.

I know he'll always be my friend, and I can't wait to take the time to get out there and visit him and let him show me Chicago... but it's sad that he can't just stop by for a game of Magic, some dinner, and some great conversation about politics, science, and UFC.

He's in Chicago now, venturing to be a photographer.

Good luck, Zach. I have a feeling you'll amaze even yourself.

No comments: