Friday, March 02, 2007

The Blizzard and the Element






















So, I had a few hours to get out there and take some photos of the great "BLIZZARD OF 2007" - according to all the local news stations. We had a lot of snow - but I still wouldn't say it was a "blizzard." For me, a blizzard has to shut down a town for say, at least a week.


I had a few hours to spare, and thought I'd get out there and find some photos. I did find a few - but I didn't have the right shoes on. Amazingly, I forgot to put on my boots, so I had only my flimsy tennis shoes to protect me from the knee-high drifts. Therefore, what you see was taken from my vehicle's window.


And that brings me to the point of this post - the Honda Element ROCKS. Really - I was going down some roads I didn't even know where the road was. It just kept going. Not once did I ever feel like I was in trouble... unless you count the time when I couldn't see the road at all because of all the swirling snow... but we won't count that. That's driver error.
As a photographer, it's nice to have the Element, allowing me the confidence to get where I want to be. These shots wouldn't even have been possible without it, so they are dear to me regardless of their artistic merit.

No comments: