Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Watertowers

My wife's friend, Kelley came in from North Carolina this last weekend. It was a great visit, and I hope she had a good time. From now on, forever and ever, Kelley has opened up my vision to something I normally never give a second thought to in the small towns I visit (visit her blog here: http://watertowers.blogspot.com/.)

I now see how a watertower sometimes takes on the identity of a small town and its people, and it gives me just one more reason to find that next small town destination.

Photography's greatest gift to me has been opening my eyes to the beauty to be found in the everyday things I used to take for granted. Shadows and light take on special meaning. An average Nebraska day filled with endless clouds now becomes a reason to open my eyes and gaze at this amazing, sometimes breathtaking world we have around us.

I now see watertowers in a new way.



No comments: