Thursday, September 20, 2007

Dreaming

Some days my life does feel like a dream - a good one. I came home last night after a long day, stressed out and tired beyond words. School has been pretty hectic for me, and there's just so much going on, it seems hard to catch up and spend some time just enjoying life.

I stay up at night thinking about all the things I have to do at school, and I wake up earlier every day because my restless nights are filled with the same thoughts. It's sick. I know it.

But last night, as I walked to the door, my wife had put a "Welcome Home" sign up. It instantly made me smile.

I walked in and saw here at the table, candles lit, and dinner on the table. Music played in the background, and all my worries and stress just oozed off my shoulders. Her dinner was fantastic, and we sat together and talked for a while, just enjoying each other's company.

It feels good to be loved and to live a dream.

Thank you, Casey.

No comments: