Friday, September 02, 2005

pretending

Anyone who thinks that race doesn't matter in the hurricane Katrina disaster is playing a game of pretend. Watch the news. Listen to the radio.

Most of the people suffering are poor. Most are black.

This is supposed to be America. This isn't supposed to happen here. No matter what happens... no matter what anyone says... please let it be known that it simply took too long to get these people help.

I've watched a lot of news, read a lot of history - but I'm shocked and saddened by what a country like America let happen in New Orleans. I honestly don't care who is president. If you knew me - you'd know I am anti-Bush. But it doesn't matter at this point - it goes far deeper than bush or any president.

This is about race and class. This is about a country who still hasn't come face-to-face with some deep-rooted racial issues, and needs to.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Z- All I can say, is that you summed up my entire heart about politics in your simple blog. And I felt it was beautiful honestly.